Wednesday, January 18, 2012

IGN reveals their game of the year....

IGN recently announced that Portal 2 came out the winner as their GOTY.   You can check out their awesome announcement video here. I'm not sure if it's my personal pick, but it's definitely in the running. If you haven't checked it out: smack yourself in the head, get in your car, fasten your seatbelt, and drive to a store where you can buy this game. Do it. Do it now. Then come back and thank me later.

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Sound off in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I did not get around to playing MW3... I look forward to experiencing it. Thanks for your pick!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. But for me to say Skyrim, the game would actually have to function correctly on the PS3. That fact that PS3 gamers have been waiting over three months for a fix really hurts Skyrim in my book....

      Delete
  3. MW3 doesn't even deserve to be mentioned as GOTY. They copy and pasted the same game and just because its call of duty it sold. Battlefield beat it out in almost every shooter category with almost every award show. I would also say Skyrim but it makes since that it shouldn't win because of the ps3 issues. I think Zelda deserves to be mentioned as does Uncharted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Harsh words. I played the beta for Battlefield, but this fall was way too jam-packed for me to look into those two. I will eventually. The problem I have with these titles (and more: Assassin's Creed, I'm looking at you...) is that they are annual releases. They all just seem to loose their charm and start relying on gimmicks (tower defense?) instead of true innovations. As for Skyward Sword, my Wii got fried the first month I was here....

    ReplyDelete