Sunday, February 12, 2012

Resident Evil: Revela[i]tons Pre-Game!

I'm praying for a good Revela[i]tons cover art....
Since I live in South Korea, I usually have to wait at least a week to play the games that others are enjoying right now.  So I pass the time with reading as many reviews and stories on my en-route games as possible....

Although many reviews of Resident Evil: Revelations have been positive, one review from "Flaming Mudkip" (a "Fair & Balanced Critic") really caught my attention.  You can check out this review in person on Amazon's Revelations page or you can just scroll down to where I copied it below.  Either way, have fun and enjoy this stunning example of critical, informative reviewing!

"First off, I'm sorry I haven't been writing reviews in a while. I kind of got lazy. But after playing this horrible game, it has given me the motivation to start tearing apart everything awful once again.

As a fan of the brilliant movies, I was ecstatic when I learned that there were games, too. But lo and behold, games based on movies never hold up. First off, why is this game on the 3DS? Only little kids play handhelds. Real gamers play on XBox 360. But I digress. Anyway, you play as Jill and Chris, two supporting characters from the movies. Where is Alice at? You can't have a game based on a movie without your main character. You pretty much just go around and shoot monsters. Unlike good shooting games, like COD, you have limited ammo. And your health doesn't regenerate, either. You have to use herbs, which are limited. Now that's fair, isn't it?

The story, I didn't get. I played this game for ten minutes, only to discover that it was way different from the movies. The graphics don't look like a 360's, and the 3D is horrible. Jill and Chris aren't even voiced by the actors! I couldn't play this game for very long. I threw it in the trash.

Bottom line, buy the movies and be happy. Don't play the games."

Alright!  Now, take a deep breath and just meditate upon his wisdom for a few moments....  Finished?  What do you think?  The comments section is below and this post is just begging for them.  

(Thanks to joystick for the Revela[i]tons photo.)

2 comments:

  1. I really hope this is pure satire. And knowing you it is. Otherwise very funny satirical article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course this post is satirical. Unfortunately enough, the review does exist. All you have to do is follow the links!

    ReplyDelete